Working with mind maps
Use the PLUS button on the map's top toolbar.
Click on the arrow icon in the top right corner of the topic and choose "Insert Subtopic" from the context menu.
- Hover your mouse over a topic, click on the triangle which appears inside in the middle and drag to insert a new topic.
- Use the keyboard shortcut for a quicker topic creation: press the TAB key to insert subtopic and ENTER to insert a sibling topic.
Font panel to format the topic's text
- Bold, Italic, Underline and Strikethrough - use these to format your text.
- Text Alignment - you can choose Left, Center and Right.
- Font Size - change the size of your text.
- Background Color - choose a background color for your topic.
- Font Color - choose text color.
- Font Family - choose from various fonts.
- Line Color - the connection line color determines the topic color.
- Predefined topic colors
- Topic style - with or without gradient, with or without border.
- Customize the topic border - set the border's color and weight.
- Layouts - choose from several layout types
- Connection types - straight, arc, rough, curve, elbow, rounded elbow, angle, no line
From the settings panel you can set:
- Weight of the connections
- Color of the connections
- Spacing between branches
- Spacing between topics
- Anchor points
There are various shapes you can choose from: rectangle, rounded rectangle, elliptic rectangle, circle, oval, line, capsule, parallelogram, hexagon, rounded hexagon, diamond, left arrow, right arrow, and trapeze
The Boundary functionality will help you mark and determine the limits of an area on your map.
You can customize the boundary from the context menu. You have options to remove the boundary or its border. Also, you can set the the boundary's color, line weight and pattern.
Customize map theme
- Predefined map themes
- Map background - set a color or add an image as the map’s background
- Theme Editor - Create your own personalized theme for mind maps concept maps and organigrams (custom font sizes, colors, shapes, and background colors or picture)
- Import/Export themes
The Theme Editor and Importing/Exporting themes functionalities are only available with a paid subscription.
- Click on the "Relationship" icon to insert a relationship between two topics.
- To customize the relationship's appearance, you will have to hover over and click on the triangle. You can change the relationship's color, weight, shape, pattern and its arrows.
- You can add and edit label on the relationship.
Undo & Redo changes
Click on the arrows from the top toolbar to undo and redo your changes:
Undo and Redo are disabled when you are working with your colleagues simultaneously on a shared mind map. Also, they are automatically disabled when the same map is opened from different locations: different computers, two or more browsers, in the browser and desktop apps or in the browser and mobile apps.
To add larger body of text to any topic use the Notes panel:
Format text as Bold, Italic, Underline
- Set the text color
- Numbering & Bulleting
- Set the text alignment
- Remove formatting
- Set the font size
- Insert: mathematical formulas, direct links and videos
- Editing formats: code block, quote, strikethrough, sub- and superscript
- Delete notes
Hyperlinks & Attachments
You have various options to choose from when it comes to hyperlinks:
- Insert URL - insert a link
- Upload File - use a document from your own computer
!!! info Uploading personal files is available only with a paid subscription.
- Topic - select a topic to link
- Map - select a map to link
If you have recorded a mistake in the process or you want to delete a hyperlink, you can always use the 'Remove' button that follows the hyperlink. Once you have inserted the correct hyperlink, press ENTER to add it to your map.
- Drag & Drop - select the file, drag it on the map and drop it in the Hyperlinks & Attachments panel.
- Browse - upload the file from your computer.
- Attach Uploaded - upload the file from Mindomo.
Uploading attachments is only available with a paid subscription.
- Insert multimedia URL
- Search images on the Internet
- Upload new files or attach uploaded
Mindomo image galery
Uploading image files and searching for web images is available only with a paid subscription.
### Add Videos 1. Insert multimedia URL or upload new files 2. Attach uploaded 3. Search videos on YouTube and Vimeo
Add Audio & Recordings
- Insert multimedia URL or upload new files
- Attach uploaded
- Record audio
The Printing functionality is only available with a paid subscription.