Create mind maps and folders
Tap on the + sign on the lower right corner, to create:
- New mind map
- Choose a template
- New folder
Choosing a template will allow you to use a predefined theme and color scheme for your mind map, concept map or organigram.
We offer also mind map templates that are prefilled ans also contain instruction on how to complete them.
- Add subtopic by tapping on the first icon from lower right corner
Add sibling topic by tapping on the second icon from lower right corner
To customize a topic, tap on it then tap on the Style icon from the upper right corner:
From the Topic panel, you can change:
- Layouts - choose from several layout types - can be changed for the whole mind map, or can be set for certain branches
- Background Color - choose a background color for your topic
- Shape - there are various topic shapes you can choose from: rectangle, rounded rectangle, elliptic rectangle, circle, oval, line, capsule, parallelogram, hexagon, rounded hexagon, diamond, left arrow, right arrow, trapeze, cloud, speech bubble etc.
- Border Color - choose a border color for your topic
Border Width - use the two arrows to adjust the width of your topic's border
From the Text panel, you can change:
- Bold, Italic, Underline and Strikethrough - use these options to format your text
- Alignment - you can choose Left, Center or Right
- Font - choose from various font families
- Color - select the color of your text
From the Line panel, you can change:
- Multiple Colors - enable this option if you want your connections to have a rainbow color scheme
Colors - you can select the scheme of colors for your connections. If the "Multiple Colors" option is not active, you will only be able to select a single color for your lines.
Shape - there are various line shapes you can choose from: straight, arc, rough, curve, elbow, rounded elbow, angle, no line, etc.
Topic Border Width
From the Map panel, you can personalize:
- Themes - choose one of the predefined themes
- Background color - select a background color for your mind map
- Keep diagram balanced- by enabling this option, the topics of your mind map will be auto-aligned
- Auto Balance diagram
To enrich your mind map with notes, icons, images, etc., tap on the Insert icon on the top-right corner:
- Notes - add or remove notes to the topics of your mind map
- Attachments - add attachments
Relationship - add a relationship between two topics of your mind map. Tap on the relationship label while the insert panel is open to customize its color, shape, pattern, arrows and width.
Icon - add icons on your topics. Tap on the icon from inside the list to remove it.
Hyperlink - add hyperlink to your topics
Task Info - set priority, completion, start and end date. A checkbox will appear in front of task subtopics. Make sure that the "Show completed tasks" option is enabled to view all the completed tasks.
Image - add image from camera or Mindomo library
Quick Draw - this option will open a blank canvas so that you can freely doodle, and insert your drawing directly in the topic
Audio - record audio
Boundary - add boundary to mark and determine the limits of an area on your diagram
- Center mind map - use this option to reset the position of your mind map on the canvas
- Export to PDF - store your mind map locally on your device, in PDF format
- Export to PNG
- Share with attachments
Help page - opens the help section
Access your account/sign up with Gmail
- Tap on the File menu
Then go to Cloud
Access your account with your registered email address and password or log in with Google
To log out from your account tap on the More icon then on Logout
Save changes to maps
The changes you've made to the maps in the local or cloud folder are automatically saved on your device.
Mindomo Cloud folder
- The Cloud folder contains your maps from your online account.
- When you are online, any changes you make to your maps in the Cloud folder will be automatically synced to your online account
- When you are offline, the changes you make to your maps in the Cloud folder are automatically saved and when you reconnect to the internet, the changes you've made on your map when you were offline will be synchronized with the online version.
To move a mind map from your local folder to the Cloud folder tap on the More icon, then on Copy to Cloud. This will create a copy of your mind map in your Cloud folder.
Mindomo Device folder
- Here are the mind maps that are located only on your device. They will not be synchronized with the online account unless you move them to the Cloud folder.