Create mind maps and folders
Tap on the + sign on the lower right corner, to create:
- New mind map
- Choose a template
- Generate a mind map from scratch with AI
Use a template
Choosing a template will allow you to use a predefined theme and color scheme for your mind map, concept map, or organigram.
We also offer mind map templates that are prefilled and contain instruction on how to complete them.
Use AI mind maps
Mindomo AI allows you to generate instantly some distinct types of mind maps, each tailored to specific needs and preferences:
- Pros & Cons
- SWOT Analysis
Select the diagram type you wish to create using Artificial Intelligence (AI), then enter a topic for analysis/ brainstorming. Mindomo AI will generate a fully editable diagram for you.
- Add subtopic by tapping on the first icon from lower right corner
Add sibling topic by tapping on the second icon from lower right corner
To move/reposition a topic, touch & hold until the red frame appears around the topic, then drag it to the new location.
This functionality enables the recognition of spoken language into text.
Before speech recognition, select the the language (1). You will be able to insert the text into a Note (2), into a selected (sub)topic (3), into a new sibling topic (4) and into a new subtopic (5).
To customize a topic, tap on the Style icon from the upper right corner and then tap on the topic you would like to change:
You can customize the selected topic (Topic panel) or the entire diagram (Map panel).
In the Topic panel, you have the TEXT category where you can set:
- Bold, Italic, Underline and Strikethrough - use these options to format your text
- Alignment - you can choose Left, Center or Right
- Font - choose from various font families
- Color - select the color of your text
Scroll down to the Style category. Here you can change:
- Layout - choose from several layout types - can be changed for the whole mind map, or can be set for certain branches
- Fill Color - choose a background color for your topic
- Shape - there are various topic shapes you can choose from: rectangle, rounded rectangle, elliptic rectangle, circle, oval, line, capsule, parallelogram, hexagon, rounded hexagon, diamond, left arrow, right arrow, trapeze, cloud, speech bubble etc.
- Border Color - choose a border color for your topic
Border Width - use the two arrows to adjust the width of your topic's border
Scroll down to the Line category. Here you can change:
- Multiple Colors - enable this option if you want your connections to have a rainbow color scheme
- Colors - you can select the scheme of colors for your connections. If the "Multiple Colors" option is not active, you will only be able to select a single color for your lines
- Shape - there are various line shapes you can choose from: straight, arc, rough, curve, elbow, rounded elbow, angle, no line, etc.
- Line Width - adjust it to make the connections thinner or thicker
Ending - there are various line ending types you can choose from
Scroll down to the Multimedia category. If you added an image inside a topic, here you can change:
- Alignment - choose the alignment of the image inside the topic: right, left, bottom, or top
- Rounded corners - enable this option if you want to apply rounded corners to the image
In the Map panel, you can customize the entire diagram:
- Themes - choose one of the predefined themes
- Background color - select a background color for your mind map
- Keep diagram balanced- by enabling this option, the topics of your mind map will be auto-aligned
- Auto Balance diagram
To enrich your mind map with notes, icons, images, etc., tap on the Insert icon on the top-right corner:
The Insert panel gives you the options to add the following:
- Notes - add or remove notes to the topics of your mind map
- Hyperlink - add hyperlink to your topics
Link to Topic - add a link that navigates to a specific topic in this diagram when clicked on
Link to a Diagram - add a link to one of your diagrams (clicking on it will open the designated diagram)
Attachments - add attachments
Text Scan - With this option you can either scan the text taking a new photo or choosing a photo from library. After taking a new photo or choosing a photo from library you can: Replace text on topic, Add text as new subtopic, or Add each line as subtopic.
Generate with AI - There are 6 options you can choose to expand your diagram using Mindomo AI:
- Expand with Ideas: produce succinct yet impactful ideas, each presented in a sentence of no more than 15 words. These ideas are added as subtopics to your selected topic.
- Expand with Questions: adds a set of questions associated with your selected topic.
- Expand in Notes: automatically creates detailed explanations in the notes section.
- Add Pros & Cons: adds a few pro and con arguments in subtopics, ensuring a comprehensive examination of your selected topic.
- Make a SWOT Analysis: automatically generates a SWOT analysis, highlighting the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, arranged in separate subtopics, offering a holistic view of your subject.
- Expand with Topics: expand your mind map with five additional subtopics.
Icon - add icons on your topics. Tap on the icon from inside the list to remove it.
Image - you can take a photo (1), choose an image from library (2), or choose an image from Mindomo library (3)
Quick Draw - this option will open a blank canvas so that you can freely doodle, and insert your drawing directly in the topic
Audio - record audio
Relationship - add a relationship between two topics of your mind map. Tap on the relationship and then on the Style icon to customize the relationship label (1. color, 2. shape, 3. pattern, 4. and 5. arrows' endings, 6. width, 7. delete relationship)
Boundary - add boundary to mark and determine the limits of an area on your diagram. Furthermore, you can change the shape (1), fill color (2), set border color (3), width (4) and pattern (5), edit label (6) or delete boundary (7).
Summary - After adding the summary, you will be able to customize its shape (1), border color (2), or border width (3), or delete summary (4).
Task Info - set priority (1), completion (2), start and end date (3, 4). A checkbox will appear in front of task subtopics (5). Make sure that the Show completed tasks (6) option is enabled to view all the completed tasks, and you can also delete it (7).
- Center Diagram - use this option to reset the position of your diagram on the canvas
- Collapse Diagram - use this option to hide all subtopics
Export PDF - store your diagram locally on your device, in PDF format
- Export PNG - store your mind map locally on your device, in PNG format
Share with attachments
Edit Presentation - to insert a new slide tap on + sign. Select the topics you want to include in your slide by drawing a rectangle on the screen with your finger.
By tapping on the number of the slide in the bottom of your screen, you will be able to delete a slide (1), duplicate a slide (2), resize a slide (3), and include/exclude topics from the slide (4).
Help page - opens the help section
Access your Mindomo Cloud account
Mindomo mobile app has two sections you can use:
- Cloud: you need to log in to a Mindomo Cloud account, and the diagrams stored in this section will be automatically synced to your Cloud account (and you'll be able to access the diagrams from any device).
- Device: diagrams will be stored on your device's local storage.
To access the Cloud section, follow these steps:
- Tap on the File menu
Tap on Cloud
Log in with your registered email address and password
In case you don't have a Mindomo Cloud account, use one of the following options:
Log in with Google
You can use your Google account to simply create a Mindomo account instantly. Tap on Log in with Google, then log into your Google account.
Log in using other account
Use this method only if you previously signed in from the browser version of Mindomo using your Facebook, Yahoo, Office365, Windows Live, Clever, Skolon Yilan, or SAML account. When you signed in to Mindomo from a browser using one of these accounts, a Mindomo Cloud account was created, and now you can set up a password to log in from the mobile app as well.
Tap on More ways to log in. Then type in the email address linked to the Facebook, Yahoo, Office365, Windows Live, Clever, Skolon Yilan, or SAML account you've used. Then tap on Set Password.
Follow the instructions you receive in your email. Afterward, return to the Mindomo app and use the email address and the new password to log in to your account.
To create a new Mindomo account, use this link and follow the steps: Sign up. After creating a Mindomo Cloud account, you can log in from any device or browser.
To log out from your account tap on the More icon then on Logout
Mindomo Cloud folder
- The Cloud folder contains your diagrams from your online account.
- When you are online, any changes you make to your diagrams in the Cloud folder will be automatically synced to your online account.
- When you are offline, the changes you make to your diagrams in the Cloud folder are automatically saved and when you reconnect to the internet, the changes you've made on your diagram when you were offline will be synchronized with the online version.
To move a diagram from your local folder (Device) to the Cloud folder, long tap on the diagram, then on Copy to Cloud. This will create a copy of your diagram in your Cloud folder.
Mindomo Device folder
In that folder are the diagrams that are located only on your device. They will not be synchronized with the online account unless you move them to the Cloud folder.
Save changes to maps
The changes you've made to the diagrams in the local or cloud folder are automatically saved on your device.
How to find your old diagrams
According to the new Android requirements, Mindomo will request storage permissions to a single folder used exclusively to store app files.
If you have used the Mindomo app for diagramming before, your diagrams are not lost or deleted. All you need is to find the old folder where Mindomo stored your files and give Mindomo permission to access the folder.
Selected folder 1
Mindomo stored your diagrams in your phone's internal storage. By default, most Android phones hide the phone's internal storage. You need to manually activate a setting to see all your folders in your phone's internal storage.
Please check out the video above that illustrates the procedure for a Motorola E7 Plus phone. Please note that the process might look different on your phone. If you can't find this option in your phone's settings, you should Google "show internal storage on ______ (your phone)" or watch the next video:
Selected folder 2
If the above steps didn't work, please check out the above video. Here, you can find a different solution that will help you recover your old diagrams.
If you installed the app for the first time you need to create a folder where Mindomo will store all your diagrams. Please check out the video above on how to do it.