Mindomo for Google Drive
Data backup means creating a copy of the data on your system that you use for recovery in case your original data is lost or corrupted. You can also use backup to recover copies of older files if you have deleted them from your system.
We are now offering hourly backups for all your diagrams to safeguard your work even more effectively. You can rest assured that your most recent edits are securely backed up.
To set the Google Drive backup, you should:
- Click on your initials/picture on the top right corner of the dashboard, then select Backup.
- Select Google Drive from the drop down menu, then click on the Connect button.
- Grant Mindomo access to your Google Drive account.
- Go to the Apps section and click on the Synchronize all your diagrams button; otherwise the backup will not be activated.
If you click on the Stop synchronizing all your diagrams button and make changes to some of your diagrams by clicking on the Synchronize all your diagrams button again, these changes, as well as any diagrams created after you had initially stopped synchronization, will be synced.
- Maps will be backed up and you will be able to see the status.
- If you no longer want to backup your maps to Google Drive, go to the Apps section (6) and click on the Disconnect account button (7).
If you click on the Disconnect Account button, and then on the Synchronize all your diagrams button, the backup will be made, and all diagrams will be added to your Google Drive account again, as if it were the first time you synchronized them.
Accessing Mindomo from Google Drive
You can access Mindomo directly from Google Drive. To do that you should:
- click on the 3-dot sign --> Open with --> Connect more apps
- Type in "Mindomo"
- click on the Install button.
Once you do this, you will be able to access and edit mind maps directly from Google Drive, by clicking on the Open with option and choosing Mindomo:
We have also improved the hierarchy replication in your backup, ensuring your diagrams' folder structure is faithfully preserved. Furthermore, the organization of the mind maps is periodically rebuilt. This means that if you access your Mindomo account and move a mind map from one folder to another, that mind map will also be moved to that folder on Google Drive.
Export to Google Drive
To export your mind maps in any format to your Google Drive, click on the Export button and choose "Google Drive":
If you previously connected your Mindomo account to your Google Drive, the export will be done automatically, if not it will redirect you and ask you to connect the two accounts.
Having an integration with Google Drive means that you can easily attach files saved inside it into your mind map. If you want to attach media directly from your Google Drive, you can access the file picker from the following panels:
1. Hyperlink & Attachments
The comments functionality is available in mind maps, outlines and Gantt Charts: